This new Goodwill store in Shelby, North Carolina was remodeled out of an existing grocery store building. The project turnaround time was just under five months but the extended schedule was due to product availability issues, otherwise, the turnaround would have been much quicker.
A couple of the key features from this remodel were the addition of a Community Room for community gatherings, training, and event rentals, including a new HVAC specific to this room, along with two new computer rooms in the break room for Goodwill team member training purposes. Work was also done to improve the customer donation process by reworking the parking lot for a drive-thru entrance, a new drive-thru canopy for drop offs was added, and a new 12′ wide automatic door was installed for receiving donations. Check out additional highlights below:
- Demo out three existing walk in coolers to make room for the new Goodwill donation receiving area.
- Removal of kitchen area plumbing/equipment in preparation for new coffee shop tenant.
- New Egress door installed in sales floor area for public safety needs.
- Installed new electrical as needed for fixtures, vending machines, building signage, and equipment.
- New paint to entire building interior along with general repairs for aesthetics and public safety.
- Repaired the existing roller shade system to fit Goodwill’s needs.
- New compactor pad, enclosure, and power installed in parking lot for new trash compactor.